ADVISORY: HITN Opioid Safety Alliance to Testify Before FDA Tomorrow
Formally launched last week, the Opioid Safety Alliance is a working group within HITN dedicated to advancing technology-enabled solutions to combat the scourge of opioid misuse. HITN Executive Director Joel White will speak at tomorrow’s meeting on behalf of the Alliance, in which he will advocate for a facilitator model to connect data across states’ prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) and provide real-time data within clinicians’ workflows.
Opioid Safety Alliance members McKesson and the National Council of Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) are also set to provide testimony. A full agenda for the meeting is availablehere and a webcast of the meeting will be made available here.
- WHAT: Opioid Safety Alliance members to testify at meeting of FDA Opioid Policy Steering Committee: “Prescribing Intervention—Exploring a Strategy for Implementation.”
- Joel White, Health IT Now (9:30 – 9:38 AM)
- Stephen Mullenix, RPh, NCPDP (9:41 – 9:49 AM)
- Kelly Wygal, McKesson (9:52 – 10:00 AM)
- WHEN: Tuesday, January 30th, 2018,
- WHERE: FDA White Oak Campus, 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Building 31Conference Center, the Great Room B-C, Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
- MEDIA: Open press (additional information for reporters courtesy of FDA availablehere)
About Health IT Now:
Health IT Now (HITN) is a broad-based coalition of patient groups, provider organizations, employers, and payers that supports incentives to deploy health information technology to improve care, patient outcomes, and to lower costs. Learn more at www.healthitnow.org.